Tuesday, December 9, 2008

D-Day +6: Thirteen Things you shouldn't say to (or in front of) your pregnant wife



This is by no means earth-shattering info to most guys, I'm sure. But through absent-mindedness or sheer stupidity, I've said these things throughout JoAnna's pregnancy without truly thinking it through beforehand:

1. "I have a headache."
2. "I'm tired."
3. "I didn't sleep very well last night."
4. "My stomach hurts."
5. "My feet hurt."
6. "This paper cut is killing me!"
7. "I'm hungry."
8. "I'm putting my shoes on." (Yes, seems innocuous - but think about it)
9. "What's taking so long?"
10. "Look at that Buddha belly!" (well-intentioned, but still dumb as hell)
11. "Man, this beer tastes good."
12. "Man, I feel great!"
13. "Jeez, who farted!?" (pretty stupid to say at any life stage, but quadrupled now)

I can feel you all judging me right now. It's warranted.

Carrying on...

- Patrick

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, this is so very funny and so very true. I look forward to the next post - "13 things you SHOULD say (often) to or in front of your pregnant wife"

let's change #7 to "You're eating? Again?" Don't say that to me. PLEASE don't say that to me.

JoAnna (the pregnant wife)

Andrew Child said...

Well, Patrick, at least you have self-awareness on your side. Most of us say dumb stuff like that to our wives then think, "Geeze, what's she angry about?"

Unknown said...

My personal pitfall: "Boy, you are REALLY pregnant."